Career Development (CD)
Provides resources to enable greater diversity at UCSF, to support mentorship, and to improve the recruitment and retention of under-represented clinical and translational researchers.
It's exciting to be training the next generation of effective clinical and translational mentors at UCSF.Jeanette S. Brown, MD; Director, Comprehensive Mentor Development Program
- To advance the careers of clinical and translational researchers by providing career advice, research mentoring, and support.
- To advance under-represented groups in clinical and translational science at UCSF, in collaboration with the UCSF Chancellor's Diversity Initiative and School-based Diversity Taskforces, the CTSI CD Program has vigorous programs to recruit and retain underrepresented faculty and trainees.
- To promote culture change so that clinical and translational researchers are appropriately rewarded.
Resources & Services
*Several Career Development resources are integral to UCSF's efforts to nurture diversity.
- *UC Diversity Pipeline Initiative: Annual conference for nominated professional students from all UC campuses that is designed to increase diversity among women faculty at UC health professional schools. CTSI provides modest funding to support this conference.
- Comprehensive Mentor Program: Training mid-career research faculty to become the next generation of confident effective clinical and translational mentors.
- *Professional Development Awards
Up to six nominated candidates per year are funded to attend the annual American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) Leadership Training Programs:
- Minority Faculty Professional Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar
- Early-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar
- Professional Success Skills, Office of Career and Professional Development: Series of workshops designed to enhance the professional development of UCSF students and scholars engaged in research.